Sunday, November 14, 2010

Keeping It Light

I have finally gotten back on the 'horse' so to speak and started writing a novel again. The fact that it happened to coincide with NANO: that over-zealous November writing marathon is just a fluke. I'm not even signed up for that. I used to do the NANO thing every year, but I am just now getting the desire to write fiction again and didn't want to press my luck. My problem now is I seem to have forgotten how to keep a story in check. Chapter one is already far longer than it should be. If it keeps up this way I'll have to feed my book Lipofuze so that it won't break an editor's desk when it lands on it.

I used to have a well-developed natural rhythm. I don't know if it is the fact that I haven't written in a few years, and I just need to 'find it' again, or if it is gone for good. Hopefully I'll get my sense of timing back soon before my book becomes an epic tomb of monstrous proportions.