Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tech-nically Speaking

I just bought this computer and have already researched getting an upgraded memory card for it. Since it is relatively easy to install a new chip in computers now it is enticing even for techno-dummies like myself. I'm always scared before I do something inside my computer's 'guts' but afterwards (and after lots of stalling and hemming and hawing, and excuses) I laugh about how easy it was. All this stuff is so virtually 'plug in' now there's no real expertise needed. I remember just maybe 10 years ago when all things computer seemed mysterious and beyond understanding to me. Then again everything back then (okay maybe it was 20 years ago) it was all DOS and complicated methods of inner workings. Thank heavens for the geeks that created easy to use systems and technology for those of us that don't have the time to go to MIT.

No comments: