Saturday, February 07, 2009

Twitting as a Social and SEO Concept

I've taken Twitting back up. The act of posting on Twitter. I stopped for a long time and once you stop you wonder what the attraction ever was but just go back for a minute like I did--and you'll be hooked again. As a social platform it's pretty unique and very engaging. Does it work as a networking tool? From a SEO standpoint or a method of drawing in customers to a product I think it has good and bad points. Most of the bad points are in regards to how it is done. No matter if it is an author or any other product pusher on there if that is the only reason they are there it will soon fail. It is as annoying as spam even if it is not strictly speaking spam. If, however, you go on there and truly engage followers and become a part of the system I think it has a very high rate of success. Give it a try. You'll be twitting, tweating, and re-twitting before you know it.

No comments: