Sunday, August 23, 2009

No Force On Earth

Sometimes even when you have a well-defined project and a sure sale for a piece of fiction it just will not happen. I try to explain it to those who do not write... and even to those who write but not fiction... you simply can't force it. You can't make it happen. Even if you need the money desperately. There are many types of writing you can make happen. You just do it. Fiction isn't like that, however. The one ingredient that makes fiction what it is, and unlike any other type of writing, or other form of work is creativity. Well, it happened to me again this week. I had a sure thing, although it wasn't something I would have done, it was ghost writing and I've done it before. I just couldn't make this one happen though, and I lost out on a good chunk of change because of it. Some things you just can't force.

No comments: