Sunday, August 23, 2009

Simply Complex

When I learned how to make book covers it included learning the requirements for spines, barcode boxes, and other information. It was quite interesting. It was learning about POS systems from the other side. I'd spent years working in retail and even managing several stores so I knew all about POS implementation from the sales side. I'd never been on the seller's end of the deal creating a product to be put into that system. So it was quite interesting and along the way I heard many grumbles from others learning the system and requirements about the whys and how-comes and would just smile to myself because I knew why and how come. The biggest lesson of all it seems is that as we grow older and have more experiences we begin to see how every experience meshes with the others in one big glorious and sometimes even harmonious scheme. As big and far reaching as world marketing is, it is very close knit at the same time. Linked by numbers. Linked by codes. Linked by computers. In its extreme complexity it is very simple indeed.

No comments: