Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Coin Collecting

I have a cache of old "peace" dollars. They are worth more than their face value now, but I'm hoping they will increase even more as times goes on. A little nest egg for retirement years. I'm also considering if its a good idea to buy morgan dollars to increase my collection. Morgan dollars are worth more than peace dollars, so may really add to my collection for retirement. Collecting these precious coins is more complicated than you might think. When I first started collecting the peace dollars I thought they were all worth the same, but that's not true. There are only certain years that have the most value. Others may be worth a little more than face value, but not as much as the other years. There are great places online to find out the value of old coins you have. Once you get into it, the thought of increasing your collection becomes very attractive, and it's a lot of fun too.