Monday, January 09, 2012

Learning New Things

It's still January, and I'm knee deep in work. I probably shouldn't be thinking of boating season already, but I can't help it. It's during this time of the year that I begin to long for the warm days of summer, the rolling water and spending the weekends on the boat. I have to plan for this year though, because the trailer we use to take the boat back and forth from the marina needs a little work before it's ready to haul 10,000 pounds. I've been looking into some miller welders, and thinking about trying my hand at doing some of the welding work myself. Actually, it would come in really handy if I could do it. There's a lot to be done both at the property and the occasional repairs to a 16 year old trailer. It would be a wise investment and something very interesting to learn. Heck, I may even be able to incorporate it into a story at some point where my heroine has to learn how to do metal work. I bet it could be funny. I'll find out when I try myself. If it's funny, or if I melt the whole trailer while I learn.