Sunday, February 12, 2012

Furniture Situation

Having just moved into a new house, this year has been full of melding old furniture from the former house with new furniture that fits with the decor of the new house. It's a bit of a challenge. The internet helps a lot. I've found that plugging in a local with a quest for furniture brings up local opportunities. Using this method, for instance,dining room furniture los angeles is easy, and works like a charm. Since I've lived in LA, I know that works there too. It works anywhere, and takes a lot of the hassle out of shopping around for just the right piece. You can do it all from the comfort of your own home. I don't mind traveling to a store if I know they will have a selection that I can pick from to get what I want. I do not want to waste my time going store hoping, only to find none of the places I've visited have anything near what I am looking for.

I've also found that buying online and having pieces shipped to me is a much smarter move than hunting around for just the right sofa, chair or table. I don't have to wrangle big pieces of furniture into my car, or wait for my hubby to be around with the truck, and then wrestle with big furniture to get it from the vehicle to the house. The shippers bring it in, and all I have to do is decide where I want it to go. Much nicer.