Saturday, February 18, 2012

Somewhere: Worse Movie Ever

I don't say this lightly. I try to find something good to say about most of the movies I've invested 1 to 2 hours in watching, but I just can't really say anything much about this one:

Somewhere

2010 Director: Sophia Coppola (the name should mean quality, but sadly--not)
Staring: Stephen Dorff

The premise of this movie should be something I would LOVE. From IMBD:

A hard-living Hollywood actor re-examines his life after his 11-year-old daughter surprises him with a visit.

I kept watching, and kept waiting for it to live up to what it could have been, but it never did. The WORST part was the ending. I have been left with a feeling of emptiness from bad endings before, but this one just left me with  my mouth open wanting to scream... what? What is this? There has to be something more than this... sadly, that's about what it was like through the entire film.