Friday, April 13, 2012

Taking a Break

Okay, everybody needs a little break from writing now and then (or whatever their job is). For me, especially when the weather is as beautiful as it has been, my break is gardening. Last year I stripped a couple of ugly, overgrown evergreens that were blocking the path of the house I'm in now. I didn't take a picture of the evergreens themselves before I started, but over the winter, the ugly bare branches that were too big to just cut off were left like a sinister silhouette on either side of the path. Here is a picture of one side of the path this spring before I got the chain saw out and cleared it up.


And here is a picture of what I did to cover the stump on the other side I had cut down already. The brick is only half-way done. I will do the same to the other side. When I'm totally finished I'll post a picture of the finished product with flowers planted in the containers.