Sunday, July 08, 2012

Learn New Things

With about 30 years of home owning experience behind me, all in older houses, I've learned a lot about taking care of them and doing things. I never stop learning though. I've thought about hanging a mid-size flat screen on the wall in the bedroom to free up space on the floor, but have always been afraid to hang heavy stuff (not to mention expensive stuff) on a simple dry wall surface. That's where drywall anchors come in handy. They spread the weight off the object over a much larger surface, but you can't see it. The anchors spread out behind the wall to secure it. It's still a good idea to be careful about how much you put on them, and buy the appropriate size anchor for the job you are doing, but now I have a nice hanging flat screen, and lots and lots of floor space.