Monday, November 20, 2006

Quick Tid-Bits

Woo BIG MONEY is available at Fictionwise now at a pretty decent discount 15% off. Check it out here.

My newest pre-release video is up at YouTube now. Go watch the coming attraction vid for Dark Side Of The Moon, a re-release of a back title coming from Chippewa Publishing in February here.

One last time--it's being said around the bloggosphere that many rightously indignant voices are being raised in defense of the author that spewed negative comments about their publisher recently. These folks say those that are saying what she did was dumb, are nothing but butt-kissing nobodies who have no idea how the industry works. Well folks, that's not true at all--we KNOW how the industry works... even know it may all be true--we just also know the mechanics of how to shoot ourselves in the foot, and that's just stupid no matter what your position on guns is. What she did isn't just stupid in the publishing industry--it's stupid in any industry.

6 comments:

s.w. vaughn said...

I am SO with you there! After I posted my own little rant about how inconsiderate this person was, I went and found a post by one of her defenders.

This post had many commenters. One of them was Nora by-God Roberts.

I am by default insulting Nora Roberts.

Now, ask me if I care. :-)

Anonymous said...

Where to start? Well congrats on the fictionwise thing and the video.
As for the rant...well, it is at least unpolite to bit the hand that's feeding you.
I read somewhere that when angry, Abe Lincoln used to write really insulting letters that almost burn the paper they were put it, but his wife always manage to "loose" them so they never caused any damage.
I guess my point is: If you really need to let some steam out, do it privately.

Bernita said...

Whether she was honest/a good writer/will get away with it, etc. etc. is irrelevant.
It was stupid.

s.w. vaughn said...

Totally OT here... thank you so much for coming to the chat last night! :-) I had a great time; hope you did too!

Watch out for those shower rods. LOL

me said...

What in the world are you guys talking about?

Yes, J.H. that is what his wife used to do.

Tami P said...

Hi Lady. There was a recent big name author from a major house trashing the publisher. That's what we're talking about. The issue was making the blog rounds quite a bit recently with the 'author's side' being a little ugly to those of us who thought the author made a mistake in being so verbal on the issues.