Friday, January 18, 2008

Baby Cribs and More...

I bet you thought I was going to suggest that you put a baby in the mix in a romance story? It would be par for the course for most 'formulas' for successful romances it seems, but that's not why I'm posting this.

You see, today this post has nothing whatsoever to do with my writing but with my personal life. Yep, there just may be baby cribs, forumlas that don't involve novel structure, and diapers in my future. I'll find out more for sure this weekend, but it seems pretty much a given that I'm pregnant.

Last year I suprised a friend when I said I had to give my 'kid a bottle'. At that time I was speaking of one of my goat babies that was being bottle fed and living in my house. This year, along with all of the animal babies on our farm, come September 5th or so, there will be a two-legged human variety baby here too. To say the least it is a bit of a surprise, but a very very welcomed one.

Considering my age, and the fact that I have two grown children already, and two grandchildren as well I never thought I'd once again be shopping for baby furniture for another of my own children.

So if I seem lately as though I'm 'not all here' it's because my mind is rather pre-occupied with thoughts of bibs, high chairs, and tiny little fingers and toes. It's a lot to get my mind around as I walk through the house and see my twenty-two year old son on the couch watching TV all the while knowing I have a brand new life in me and soon will have an infant to cuddle and hold.

Life is sure full of surprises. One of my favorite old sayings is 'The surest way to make God laugh is to tell him your plans.' I think God decided it was his turn to make me laugh.

No comments: