Friday, January 25, 2008

Taking Stock Of What's Inside

With it being winter and doing more inside the house than in the summer I think a lot about our interior decor. I did a lot of redecorating last winter/spring and must not have paid attention during the summer but I realize now that we have modern furniture in the living room but nowhere else in the house, and it kind of looks out of place. I like it though. Maybe I'll have to re-do at least the kitchen and family room to match. The furniture, especially in the family room which is directly connected to the living room is especially out of sync because it's dark and heavy. It's the only room I didn't do anything to last year in my decorating because the furniture in there matched the room, and I didn't give any thought to how it went with the rest of the new stuff I bought. The kitchen's not too bad. It woudn't take much to make it look right with the living room. It needs some more modern lighting. I'll be happy when spring is here. I don't examine the furnishings nearly as much when I'm outside all day.

No comments: