Saturday, January 19, 2008

Seasons

Branson Missouri is one of my favorite vacation spots and not too far from where my sister-in-law lives. She was just up here last week and I got to see some new pictures of her farm. The last time we went to Branson we stopped in by her but it was in the spring. Sort of muddy, and not quite the summer look yet, but in the winter it has s completely different look still. I love seeing the way other parts of the country change during the season. There are so many things that make one spot look like any other place in the country, but the way areas in the different sections (north, south, east, and west) handle seasonal changes really can make a difference in the way they feel. Even Southern California where I spent some time a few years ago is much different than Missouri. Same types of climates in a lot of ways, and yet so different in topography that the changes are radically different. I think I'd like to take a trip down to Branson, and over to my SIL Cheryl's place in the winter. It would be a LOT better than northern Illinois in the winter, that much I can almost be assured of.

No comments: