Saturday, June 27, 2009

5 days blown away

Well, what a morning. To start it off I have been emotional and crazy for about 5 days because I was quitting smoking. Notice I said "was". That's right, this morning was the kicker. I'd been dealing with everything pretty well, if constantly crying. Some of the tears were in response to the untimely death of Michael Jackson... some of them were nicotine withdrawal. This morning however, I was toodling away, minding my own business and working on my computer when POP... gone. Now I still do not know what happened, or why, but I was sure I had crashed.

Run to the store for an emergency cigarette run. I need my computer. It's how I work. (and play)

On the way home (after a cigarette) I came up with the thought that it might have been the power cord in the living room and I had a spare in my office. That worked. Now it also came up that something was wrong with the start up and needed repair. I'm not sure how a power problem would cause that. At the same time that repair screen did not come up in the living room on the other cord. But it if had been a power problem why didn't the battery kick in? All kinds of questions and no answers...

except one... I needed that cigarette to think clearly enough to come up with a solution. LOL I'm going to try again though after I finish this pack. Can't let a $5.00 pack of cigarettes go to waste. It's the cost that made me decide to quit as it is.

1 comment:

bassetfreak815 said...

well, that pack should be long gone - how are you doing NOW ??