Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Shirley Jones: Mamma Partridge and Gramma Callahan

I'm so glad I have "Ruby and the Rockets" on DVR. It's a cute but somewhat lame vehicle sitcom for Alexa Vega and I'm sure pre-teens adore it. She's cute and not bad in her role either. For me (the over 40's bunch who grew up on David Cassidy's Partridge Family) the reason I watch is a little different: David and his half-brother Patrick Cassidy co-star in the show as well. It is even produced by half-brother and former teen heart throb Shawn Cassidy.

All that makes it a show I watch every week even if it is a little too cheesy. This week, though, it was so worth the DVR space because SHIRLEY JONES showed up in the role of grandma (aptly, David's step-mom, and Patrick's mother in real life and on the show) bringing up old memories of momma Partridge as well. It was really fun to watch.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Tom - Just wanted to correct you on one point, Shirley Jones is actually David Cassidy's step mom. Shirley married David's father Jack Cassidy when David was just a young spud. Shrley Jones is the mother of all of the other Cassidy boys - Patrick, Shaun and Ryan - FYI.

Regards,
Ashley Walls
Webmaster, DavidCassidy.com

Tami P said...

Boy you guys keep up. Actually it's 'Tam' but that's cool. I actually knew that, just wrote it wrong I guess. Sorry for the mix up.