Saturday, February 23, 2008

Fancy Feet

Did you ever have one of those days where you thought your keyboard was posessed? I just had one. I almost had to dig out my religious jewelry for protection. All of a sudden thing were happening that shouldn't, it was making error sounds. I couldn't figure it out. I couldn't get the cursor to work, if I pressed a button it made horrible noises. Just as I was about to give up, get on my knees and pray, or dump the hard drive figuring it was either possessed, or bugged I realized one of my cats who was laying on my desk had a foot hanging over the edge onto the keyboard. It wasn't even 'on' it hard. Just lightly resting on the 'pause/break' key at the top. Just looking at her you wouldn't even give it a second thought, but it was obviously on there just hard enough to cause all kinds of havoc. Now my kitties know better than to touch the keyboard. It's almost comical how they will tip-toe around my desk in an effort to not step on the keyboard as they move. They've learned that golden rule as little kittens. I guess a sleeping cat has a lot less control over where their feet will go. I know that I'm breathing a sigh of relief that it was just a bit of 'cat and mouse' and not a virus, or demon in my hard drive.

No comments: