Monday, September 08, 2008

Five Words (From Mark)

Okay, Mark did it again. On his blog he pointed out a post Erica did about an assignment her daughter had from school asking her to pick 5 words that best described her and he did it for himself as well. Then he laid out the challenge asking what we would pick for ourselves. I picked:

Anal – Even though it sometimes doesn't show (okay, all the time) in my blog posts because I'm usually just writing off the hip on here, I am quite anal. I would say I'm 'selectively' anal though. I'm anal in doing my job and anything I consider extremely important, however, other areas that most normal people would be anal about, such as housekeeping, forget it, I am as un-anal (is that even near a word?) as can be.

Optimistic – I am an extreme optimist. While I can have my down periods like anyone, for the most part anyone who knows me well knows that I am basically a cheerful person with a good outlook on things no matter how bleak they may seem either personally or in the world as a whole.

Reliable – Unlike my anal tendencies, I am always reliable. When I say I am going to do something, be somewhere, be a certain way, I am. I live by the motto: say what you mean and mean what you say.

Witty – I am often witty bordering on sarcastic (and most times crossing that border willingly). I think it is why the statement in that little fun quiz I did a few days ago that said people find it better to take you in small doses is really true.

Realist – For some being an optimist and a realist seem to clash but I am a realist as well as an optimist. I don't believe in seeing things through 'rose colored glasses', that type of optimism is foolishness. Seeing things as they are and then finding the good and positive is the true optimism.

What do you think are your 5 words?

No comments: