Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Can't Get Fiction Out of My System

I've been working off and on with a non-fiction project due by the end of September and really enjoying the work. There is a massive difference between writing fiction than non-fic but I enjoy both. I have found myself lately really thinking about my fiction work though and everytime I sit down to work on my non-fic title I have story lines popping in my head for fiction. It won't die. There's more money in non-fiction but it is hard to fight the desire to write a story that can take you out of everyday life. Last night while I was working I kept having an image of a tall muscular cowboy transplanted to the city walking in a store to buy Harley parts and falling for a woman behind the counter that looked like a lean blonde mustang ready to be tamed. Okay, it's fairly standard, but it's all in the individual telling and vision. It was a fun little diversion anyway. Maybe I'll make a short out of it just to get it out of my system.

No comments: