Saturday, February 06, 2010

1-800Flowers are Gifts to Remember

Of all the beautiful things in the world nothing is so connected with the idea of love and romance as roses. Those thoughts are strong this time of year. February is Valentine's Day month and it's time to show mothers, girlfriends, wives, best-friends and anyone else you truly care about how you feel about them. Now me, I love flowers. I can't grow them to save my soul. I can grow many other things on our small farm, but not that. There's a special touch to which I am not privy. I think that makes them even more special to me. They are a delicacy that I am not capable of producing. It's that delicacy that makes them such a worthy symbol of love, too.

Another great reason flowers make such a good Valentine's Day gift is that during this bleak and cold time of the year, flowers remind us of the beauty and warmth of nature. Deep red roses strike a special chord deep inside and have a depth and charm that send warmth deep into your soul. Flowers from 1-800flowers is a perfect way to give that special someone a beautiful gift that will last beyond the flowers, too. The lovely vases and gift packages will bring joyful memories for years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently talking about how modern society has evolved to become so integrated with technology. Reading this post makes me think back to that discussion we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.

I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as memory gets less expensive, the possibility of copying our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about all the time.

(Posted on TF3 for R4i Nintendo DS.)