Saturday, April 05, 2008

All Writers Are Crazy

I was just talking to a friend who said she read an article somewhere that suggested all writers (actors, musicians, any creative people) have some form of personality disorder. I wonder if that's true. I mean we seriously live in other worlds at some times. I guess what I would argue is that we know the difference (I would hope) between our 'other world' and reality. The article was more or less talking about bi-polar type disorders though, rather than a lack of reality. Perhaps it might be said that of those suffering from such problems maybe a large majority of them are also creative people, but to say that all creative people have those disorders isn't the same thing, and I can't quite make myself think it's true. What do you think? Are all writers suffering from some form of personality disorder? I would kind of have to grudgingly agree that all writers are crazy though. LOL

No comments: