Tuesday, April 29, 2008

If You Don't Use It--May as well Loose it.

Moving is one of the most stressful things you can do in your life. It's not just my opinion, that's a fact. First you have to find the 'place of your dreams' if you're lucky. Then you have to find enough moving boxes to pack up a lifetime of junk, and then you have to lug it all into a big van and move it, and unload it again... but you know what? In my opinion that's not the REAL stress in moving. The real stress is unpacking it all again. By the time you finally get it where you're going you're so tired from the whole ordeal you just want to get it over with as soon as possible and you hunt and peck for the necessary items leaving the rest for later. Why did I get on this rant? Because I had to go into my basement the other day to replace some fuses. I've lived here for 13 years, and I really hate the basement. Well, that side of it anyway. The one side is a nicely finished living area, but the 'fuse side' with the hot water heater, the furnace, the sub-pump, and all that gritty, grimey stuff is well, creepy. I don't venture in there often. Not without threat of disaster, or at least, a lack of electricity. It is also a huge storage area. Well, the other day I had to venture into the dark abyss of that windowless side of the basement, and guess what I had to stumble over and around to get to the fuse box---yep, you guessed it. Thirteen year old unpacked boxes of stuff that never made it upstairs. I think I'm going to have to force myself to go down there again and lug those boxes up and toss them in the trash on the next trash day. I mean really, if I haven't used any of that for the last thirteen years, chances are pretty good I didn't need that stuff in the first place.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bridgeport, illinois