Thursday, May 15, 2008

It's A Good Thing

I think the whole country is on a diet. I know I am, but there's no fear of feeling like I'm alone in it when every second or third commercial I see on tv, or ad in a magazine, or online is for weight loss pills, exercise equipment, or some other diet aide. It's a good thing really. As long as folks research what they are using and feel comfortable with what they're getting. Some of the claims are a little outrageous to my mind, but I don't have to use pills because I'm happy enough taking things slowly. I think too many people, myself in the past included, are caught up in the 'right now' need to see results. It takes time to get rid of the pounds safely. At least, as long as I see the ads I know I'm not the only one going through the struggle though. And for a nation that is one of the heaviest on the planet, that's a good thing.

No comments: