Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Way Vacations are Supposed To Be

I have family in Florida, but they live on the gulf side so if I want to take the family on Orlando vacations we have to find places to stay, or drive across state which is kind of inconvienient. Not to mention staying with family is difficult. It starts out fun but you rarely end up doing the things you really wanted to do on vacation especially when those things are across state. Last time I went down and stayed with my aunt on the gulf side I wanted to go to Ft Lauderdale to see the area I was born (my mom was on vacation--talk about poor planning) and I got twenty excuses as to why it wasn't a good thing to travel across state at that time. Now sure, August isn't a great time to spend several hours in a car in southern Florida, but I could have handled the heat. I let her talk my out of it and I've regretted it to this day so from now on when we go to Florida on vacation, we make it a real vacation and do it the way vacations are supposed to be done, as far away from nearby relatives as possible.

No comments: