Thursday, May 15, 2008

Level of Sophistication

Sometimes, when I'm writing, I wonder how the 'other half' lives. I mean some of the characters I write about live far more extravagant lives than I could ever dream about. I've been to the homes of people in that class. The types that not only have a bar in their 'entertainment' area, but a bar with a sink, and built in consoles for storage of expensive bottles of wines, and other liquors, even wine refrigerators to keep the bottles perfectly chilled. Me, I use the plain old refrigerator in my kitchen. A couple of bottles, or a box (yep, that will give you an idea of the level of sophistication we're talking about here) of wine, and I'm good to go. Still, it's nice to dream about having such luxeries even if I'd rarely use them. It's nice to have people come over and offer them a fine glass of chilled wine from the bar rather than pulling out the box from the fridge.

No comments: