Monday, November 12, 2007

Get Serious?

I am serious when I laugh
I'm serious when I find the joy and humor in all of life's trials.
Life is good at throwing anger our way
A smile deflects the pain, and turns away darkness.

I'm serious when I play
Work is hard, and I do it with joy because I find the fun in all I do
Life's good at making us forget why we are alive
I play to remember that I'm here to experience all that is good about the world.

I'm serious when I hurt
Seeing what evils people do to each other every day, causes such great pain
Life is good about showing us the worst in our very natures
I hurt to know that I am alive, and am capable of feeling sorrow at others despair.

****

I am the evil that lurks in the dark
I am the darkness that hides in the soul
I am the anger that clouds men's minds
I am hatred…

I am prejudice, and darkness is my child.

****

The only light that destroys the darkness, is laughter, and love… yes, I am deadly serious.

No comments: