Thursday, November 29, 2007

Okay, I admit it

Earlier this year when I first heard that Bruce Willis was going to star in yet another 'Die Hard' sequel I was skepitcal to say the least. He's getting pretty old to be playing a hard hitting heo... well I thought so anyway, until I saw the movie. Darned if that man doesn't age well! He's still plenty believable as the loveable underdog fighting a seemingly never-ending number of terrorists bent on total destruction. What I REALLY loved about Die Harder though was more than just Bruce's ability to carry off the loan cop hero role, it was that THIS was my kind of movie... not only did it combine my favorite types of terrorism (if favorite type is the way to describe it, lol) which includes tech hacking of the computer systems, in this case nationwide almost Y2K type of computer shut downs. I've been saying for years, ever since the Y2K scare came and went without a real hitch--if terrorists were paying attention back then, they would have SEEN the best way to 'take us down'. This movie really makes you worry about the security of our lifestyles that are so tied into computer technology, and uses believable government based characters to do it. It is a political, and computer espionage thriller and that is my all time favorite combination so this movie was a real hit!

1 comment:

Nita said...

I've seen his latest movie, the Live Free or Die Hard and it was darn good! Men, I love Bruce Willis :) He's a good actor!