Thursday, November 15, 2007

Hope For The Amazing

The thing about technology today is that its so SMALL. That never ceases to amaze me. I remember my very first cell phone. It was back in the early/mid-80's and it was boxy, and about the size of my entire hand. It had a flip top, but it was a 'normal' size. Sort of like the 'princess' phones receiver almost in size. Now, my cell phone is so small it astounds me that we can hear and talk with it. Although those small keys can be aggravating at times.

Digital cameras too. Oh they aren't much smaller than the old-fashioned cameras, but they can hold hundreds of pictures in them with the help of their micro sd and that's just amazing. The old film cameras with their 12, 24, or gasp 36 picture capabilities on a single roll of film couldn't even have dreamed of being able to capture and store so many images. AND give us instant viewing ability so we know if the shot was good or not, and even the ability to load it onto a program where we can crop, cut, lighten, darken, or even skew into crazy shapes the images we've taken. I can't wait to see what technology has in store in the next ten to twenty years. I wonder what someone who lived in the late 1800's or early 1900's would think if they were to suddenly awaken in this era. It would have to be mind-boggling, but that only makes me wonder what will be 100 years from now when I'm no longer here... what an amazing place it will be. Yes, I still have hope.

No comments: