Thursday, June 12, 2008

All a Twitter

The name of the new social networking website 'Twitter' always makes me think of the Bambi scene where owl was trying to explain what 'Twitterpatted' was. It's actually a pretty cool concept, not the Twitterpatted thing, the twitter SN thing. It's addictive. Does it have problems? Um... yeah. I'm not sure if what you could call the troubles they're having growning pains even, it's a little beyond that. Their site goes down for being overloaded every few minutes (hey, you gotta know that means a lot of people are into it though). Some of their features don't work yet, like the REALLY helpful one that I'd like most, being able to update via messenger.

You CAN update via cellphone, which I've added, and will be really cool if I ever leave the house---okay, I do from time to time, but it's sure not often. What I REALLY would use is the thing that isn't working yet--figures right?

I'm sure they'll get it up and running well soon though, because it's famously popular already and just a 'baby' in the social network scheme. One of the newer, and cooler ways to get blog traffic it's worth any writer's time to investigate, and it's free and easy to get in on the fun. Just be careful, it will get under your skin...

Are you a twit yet?

No comments: