Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Vista's cool new toy!

I'm sitting here tonight doing something really, really cool! I'm not even typing this. I'm sitting here talking to my computer. I just found out today Vista has a really cool new feature. I'm sitting here trying to think of what it was called now, oh yeah voice recognition.

It's a little funky--oh look it recognized that word. It takes a little getting used to. But all in a whispery front--believe it or not that is nothing like what I said that.

It really is good though. My speech is not really clear. I had to concentrate really hard at speaking clearly. For the most part it's doing pretty well.

I haven't touched my keyboard the whole time I have written this. The tutorial said it would actually get better as it learns my speech patterns.

I pity the sport than--no I didn't say that what I said is oh never mind it is not funny now.

What I've come to realize is you really can't laugh while you talking and doing this because it will make you laugh harder.

It does everything though, really, and all things considered it is really a super addition to Vista.

Have I said before how much I really love Vista?

I can even open and close programs and files, pictures, and even cruise the Internet all by voice command.

I feel like Scottie in Star Trek's the Voyage Home.

No comments: