Friday, May 07, 2010

Good Guys and Bad Guys

I'm going to get a little on my high horse here and vent. I know this is just a movie, but I am watching "Felon", a 2008 movie with Val Kilmer and a few other really good actor/actresses in it. I'm just starting it but the main premise is this otherwise normal, successful young man inadvertently kills an intruder fleeing from his home after an attempted robbery and he gets sent to prison.

I'm sorry, but it is WRONG that the VICTIM (the person being robbed) gets sent to jail when trying to stop someone from possibly hurting their family, or taking their stuff. What is it with this country and it's liberal "oh poor them" ideals when it comes to the criminals. Poor them nothing! If someone comes in my house I'm going to chase them off. That's really all this guy was doing but he ended up getting in a lucky swing and hitting the guy just right with a bat and killing him. It 'would' be assault with a deadly weapon (it is I guess) but in my opinion it isn't assault, it's defense.

Again, I know it's just a movie, and I haven't' even watched the whole thing, I just started it, but movie aside, we are way to nice to our criminals in this society. Maybe because the line is so blurred now a days it's hard to tell the criminals from the good guys.