Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Taking Care of Business

As a new manager for his company, my husband is in charge of one of the ambulance stations for the company. His station operates within several city municipalities, has contracts with most of the hospitals in the regions he covers, and even some of the fire departments. It's a lot to keep track of. He wanted me to develop a spreadsheet for him because I have for my work. I tried to explain that keeping track of the assignments from various companies the dates, and payout schedules isn't as involved as what he needed. I told him he should get a good project management software. He did and it is really helping a lot. I went on his computer the other day to look around on it and get a feel for what it would do. I thought maybe instead of my little makeshift program I could use that, and I could but it would definitely be overkill. It is great for what he needs, and helps him track supplies, various clients, his employees and time spent on each call, and more. It is well worth the time spent learning it and getting it.