Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Name Game

Yes, I'm still stuck on this. I need your help. I have decided to go with a pen name for my new excursion into homoerotica, and I'd love it if you'd help me decide on a new name. I've listed some of the possibilities that I have come up with below. Please consider them and let me know which one you like, or would grab your attention on a cover, or even if it's 'none of the above.' A couple of them I really like, but I'm afraid they're a little too cutsie. On the other hand, to me they evoke a little humor, and anyone who has read anything I've written knows that very often there is going to be humor, no matter how black, and dark the story. How do names with obvious 'humorous' bents strike you? Silly, or cool?

Here's my list so far, please also feel free to make your own suggestions:

Izzy Dead (kind of a play on a much loved old Monty Python skit)
Isaiah Demon
Izzy Shadows
Shadow Tyme (really kind of like this one, but along with a couple others, not sure if it is too 'cute'.)
Isaiah Shadows
Rayn Shadows.
T. L. Chevre (that word has nothing to do with chills, or shivers, but it sounds like it does. LOL... then again, it actually means 'goat' in French, so I'm not sure it's a good choice overall.)

I haven't even decided if I want it to be a masculine or feminine name (as you can tell by the list. LOL)

14 comments:

Bernita said...

I like Isiah and Rayne Shadows.
Why not spell T.L. Chevre as "Shevre"? or consider T.L. Sevir? ( ie. to rage)

Tami P said...

Oh, cool idea on the Shevre, Bernita. Thanks for helping here.

Anonymous said...

I'd suggest a couple more:
Shadow Scout
I.M. Tammylee (ok this one's a joke)
T.P. Wright or Write
Candle Shadows
Whip Lady (as credited in my book...lol)

Tami P said...

LOL @ I M TammyLee... um, no. haha. Funny boy.

Whip Lady is a personality I reserve just for you authors. :)

I do like the T P Write, it kind of goes along with my Miss Write moniker, but I want something darker for this.

James Goodman said...

I favor Rayn Shadows. It just has a nice ring to it.

Tami P said...

I think Rayn is winning. I'm growing to like it more and more as I type it throughout the day as well.

s.w. vaughn said...

Rayn Shadows has my vote!

(Though I love the name Isaiah...)

EA Monroe said...

Izzy Dead is too funny -- almost like "Anita Mann."

IM Cupnjava said...

Rayn TOTALLY Rayn

Tami P said...

LOL, yeah E A that was my thought behind Izzy Dead too (Is He Dead) One of my favorite of all time Monty Python skits is in The Life Of Brain where they're collecting the dead from the plague, and one guy on the wagon is like: I'm not dead yet.

Gotta go rent that movie again.

Rayn has pretty much won hands down, and the more I use it, and I have in a few places, the more I'm liking it.

I love the name Isaiah as well, but, well RAYN SHADOWS it is.

Thank you so much everybody!

Tami P said...

By the way, Rayn Shadows was kind of my little play on words too as in, Ray in Shadows.

KMFrontain said...

So cool, Tami. I like your final choice. :D

Tami P said...

Thanks, Karen! It's starting to feel 'real' now. LOL

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Rayn. Even if I didn't vote for you. :-(
I'll be seeing you around!