Saturday, March 15, 2008

Another Sign of the Times

Do you remember when as teens we got so excited by the new 'video' craze PacMan? You had to go to the arcades to play it though because video games only came in these huge consoles... then came the PC and 'at home' versions of those cool games! Wow. And of course soon to follow were the video game units. I remember having a ball playing that ping pong game, it was just a simple little box that you bat back and forth across the computer screen with to 'v' shaped paddles... remember? It seemed like such an amazing advance.

I'm thinking about that now as my adult son sits downstairs playing his xbox 360 and some game about car theft. The action is so amazing on that thing. You can make your character do all kinds of things besides just steal cars and run from the cops--why does it seem like all video games largely have to do with breaking the law, or wiping out the enemy? Anyway, he can just stroll along a street, and stop in at a convinenece store if he wanted to. He can have his 'car theif' steal a car and then tune into his favorite radio station on the car's sterio, or even play a 'cd'. Talk about realism. And I thought two 'v' shaped paddles were something to be amazed by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.