Friday, March 14, 2008

Is It Freaky?

I took a walk through all the rooms of my house yesterday trying to determine what it is about surroundings that make for mentionalbe pieces in a story. What does each piece of furniture say about me, or my family, etc. Does one particular thing say more than another. Does something in a room create an ambiance that makes that room what it is, or give it a character that shows something about the person living there. Even when I go to friend's houses I kind of take mental notes about certain elements in their homes that do the same. It helps later when I'm trying to show something in a novel about a particular character and his/her surroundings. Do you find yourself more in tune to things like that in your own home and others as well since you started writing? Do you watch people on the street or in stores now not because of them, but because you're developing future character studies? I do... maybe that's freaky, but I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We would like you to write for our products on regular basis. Please email us at kala@spacify.com