Saturday, March 15, 2008

Technologically Inept

When it comes to cables I don't know an HDMI from a CAT or a Coax (except that I do know the TV has a coaxial cable, I don't know why it's differnt). You could say I'm technologically impaired. Go ahead. I say it all the time. What's scary, or maybe exciting is that my 5 year old grandson could probably tell you, in detail. Watching him on a computer is quite amazing. My 7 year old granddaughter too. They've been computer literate since they could talk. In fact, somewhere on my hard-drive I have a picture of my 2 month old granddaughter sitting on my lap 'typing' on the keyboard. They learn in school, they learn at home, computers are such a part of their everyday experience. When I was there age none of this existed. Even my own kids didn't know what a computer was until they were in their early teens. They're still better at it than I am when it comes to the technical stuff though. The world is limitless now for the generations growing up in it. Europe is as close as the mousebutton. It's amazing... and scary.

No comments: