Thursday, March 27, 2008

Out Of The Country

I do a lot of traveling. I've travelled for my work as a writer, and I've travelled due to farm work, usually showing, and usually pulling a loaded trailer behind me. All experiences have been rewarding, and usually enjoyable. One thing I found shocking the first time I travelled outside the U.S. is that regular insurance won't cut it if you have an accident, or other related problems. You need special travel insurance that will cover out-of-the-country incidents. I don't think that's something a lot of people think about when planning a trip. Probably even less so if it's just a vacation. It's a pretty big thing if you need it though. Just like any other insurance, chances are you won't ever have to use it, but on those occassions when you do, you're awfully happy you have it.

No comments: