Friday, August 01, 2008

Diversity is the Spice of Life, and a Freelancers Sustenance

Freelancing is a great way to make a living online. There are as many forms of freelancing as their are people who do it. I have probably done most of them at one time or another, often all at once. Of course, there's paid blogging which I do all the time, it's great side money. There's ghost-writing which I've done off and on, and actually done quite a bit of in the last few weeks. I've written ebooks on gambling on horses, selling on Amazon, and even healing through divine belief as well as others. It's always interesting to say the least, and you actually learn a lot as you go.

I love the diversity of freelancing. There are days when I'll write a few articles on Leptovox reviews and then turn around and write a couple of articles on cat pregnancies, and cat behavior. In fact, that was my day today along with an article on SEO development, Golden Retrievers, and some web content for a used car company.

I always get a kick out of it when I get to write about things I know a lot about like cats, dogs and other animals, but even then there are times I learn a lot such as seventy five articles on Sugar Gliders last week. Actually really cool animals and although I'd heard of them, I really didn't know much about them--boy I do now.

Yes, there is money to make online. Sometimes LOTS of money to be made, but the really great thing about freelancing is the amazing diversity involved, and the knowledge you accumulate. I was watching 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' on TV tonight with my mother-in-law and, well quite frankly, amazing her with my abilities, and I simply said 'yep, I'm a font of useless information', but the thing is, you really develop quite a diverse knowledge base when you write about such varied and diverse things.

No comments: