Monday, August 04, 2008

Miss Giggles!!! New Review

For those of you who are aware of who Mrs. Giggles is, it will come as no surprise that I was quite flattered, as well as worried when she wrote to me a few months back asking to review 'Married to a Rock Star'. I've held my breath and checked her website often but realized she is a very busy reviewer. I hoped and prayed she would enjoy my novel, but never dared to hope she would give it a great review.

For those of you who do not know who Mrs.Giggles is, she, on her review website offers very blunt, honest appraisals of current romance work from big publishing houses to POD authors and ebooks.

I have been so busy with my freelancing for the last two weeks, I'd actually slacked off checking the site for the review and then tonight, I decided I needed a break.

I am supposed to be working on a non-fiction book (for my own publishing) but I'm afraid I am too excited to continue that tonight!!!

Here are parts of Mrs. Giggles' review of 'Married to a Rock Star':
"Here is why you shouldn't dismiss outright self-published efforts: this is one of the most enjoyable celebrity-dates-ordinary-gal romances that I've read in quite a while. Well-written, featuring a pretty smart heroine, and very entertaining: what's not to love?"

"Married To A Rock Star is an interesting contemporary romance in that the heroine for once behaves like a sensible woman instead of a typical romance heroine cliché in "celebrity hunk meets ordinary gal" stories of this kind. Which is to say, Karen isn't some weird woman who will behave as if dating a cute guy, even a hot and famous one, will turn her into the harlot of the century. Karen tries her best to keep herself afloat in Izzy's world and I like that Ms Parrington manages to portray Karen as a smart and sensible woman. Of course, Karen is somewhat out of her depths in Izzy's world, hence when the usually predictable conflicts arise, these conflicts seem like a natural progression of the storyline rather than the result of the author faithfully following the script. As for Izzy, he's a pretty realistic fellow in that he has his strengths and weaknesses and... well, he is a rock star. I have to say that I think Karen deals with him just fine."

"While this may be a self-published effort, I have to say that it is pretty professionally written and therefore very easy to read. I have a great time reading this story, especially when it doesn't follow the same old route for stories of its kind and it also features some pretty intelligent drama taking place within its pages."


Now these are just excerpts and you can read the entire review here. I can't tell you how happy I am at this very moment!

2 comments:

Bernita said...

Now, that is gold. I've heard she's hard to please.

Tami P said...

Hey Bernita, thanks for stopping by. Yes, I was and still am beside myself with giddy joy. LOL