Friday, August 01, 2008

A Time for All Seasons

I just saw on the Pub Rants blog that the RWA convention is in full swing. I suppose those days are past for me. I used to enjoy doing writing conventions. I would still like to but my days are pretty busy now with the freelancing I do, taking care of my mother-in-law, and picking out things like a new table lamp to replace the one the five week old kittens in the house knocked over.

Maybe my life has become more hum-drum lately than it was a scant five or so years ago, but there's a cycle to everything. Seasons to live and experience each thing. I can at least say I once did that. Perhaps someday the pendulum will shift and I'll once again be jetting around to conventions and such... maybe not. Come what may, I'll be doing what I'm meant to do at the time I'm meant to do it I suppose.

No comments: