Sunday, July 29, 2007

My Next Novel

I've actually been doing some of my own fiction writing again. Not so much 'fresh' writing as doing the edits on my novel Hell's Own. Originally it was to be released at Chippewa but I pulled it and decided to either try a different venue, or go the way I did with my first two novels, and I think I've ended up deciding to go that way. I had a lot more success with those books overall. Maybe it was just coincidence. It's a little scary to put out books on your own, but with the great publishing prospects available now it takes a lot of the risk out. And most small pubs use print on demand anyway if they're even going to put out a print version. So many can't afford to do it that way either, so you are still left with just the e version which is okay, but limits possibilities a bit. I liked having my two first novels in libraries and that people could order in print if they prefered. Personally I like ebooks since I spend so much time online, but I have to admit that I do like to see hard copies of my book on my own shelves too. LOL So I think I'll go with LULU, they have the most awesome programs. I've used them in the past to make hard copies of edits I wanted to do in print. It costs about the same as printing the pages myself when you consider ink, and paper costs plus wear and tear on printers. Plus it is a nice bound copy to work from not hundreds of loose pages. The quality of the books is really nice. Now all I have to do is come up with cover art. LOL

No comments: