Sunday, December 28, 2008

Style

Hubby and Son were listening to some new CDs last night at ear popping, pulse pounding levels and I have to say I'm getting old. Obviously hubby is not because he still likes new music but I feel like my parents (and grandparents) screaming turn that stuff off! Today's music is such garbage. Of course that's not true all across the board but today's music is lacking in my opinion. New artists lack originality, and, well... singing ability. It's a lot of screaming and cussing. It's either that or they are imitating older artists who set the pace for good music in the 70's, 80's, and 90's. I've seen more Michael Jackson imitators than I can count in the last 10 years. While imitation may be the highest form of flattery, it can be overdone. Use some, but come on, develop your own style.

No comments: