Tuesday, February 06, 2007

February In Illinois

Gotta love it. The weatherman said we'd have snow by this afternoon, well we've had big huge puffy flakes falling from the moment I woke up. See though, this is what I meant yesterday. It's beautiful to look at. I mean it's the stuff artists imaginations and writers dreams are fueled by. Going out and playing in it would be a blast... but that's overshadowed by the fact that I have to go out and trudge through it and haul hay wagons through it and freeze my rear off while doing it. We're supposed to get up to six inches today. Looking at those puffy flakes falling it just doesn't seem like anything so fluffy, and light, so easily squished if you were to grab it in your hand could possibly bulk up and turn into a blanket of solid snow. One thing I do love to look at out my windows is the way it makes silvery white tree branches that look so pristine and crisp. I think I'm going to take my camera with me outside to do chores, and take advantage of some beautiful shots. I should have bought those skis yesterday just to go outside and do chores today. I might need them.

No comments: