Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Give Me A Boost

There are some days when I just need an energy boost. Working two companies from home, and trying to keep my house from imploding around me is a twenty hour a day job sometimes. Bob jokes around saying he sees the 'dent in the couch' when he comes home and asks if I'm tired from sitting around all day, but he sure knows differently. I'm up at six, and right to work. The farm side of the work is pretty physical too. It's tiring, and I usually don't get to crawl into bed until about eleven at night, and that's when there are no babies threatening to make appearances. If they are, then it's constantly checking on expectant mom's through the night. Is it any wonder I'm constantly thinking about my next vacation?

2 comments:

Bernita said...

What's a "vacation?"

Tami P said...

Yeah, I know, right? I spend a lot of time thinking about one, but not often enough actually taking them. Funny thing about animals, they like to eat on a regular basis and it's hard to find 'help' to do it while you're gone. The last couple of years we actually were able to take a short vacation each year thanks to grown children who have helped out, but not without a lot of grumbling, lol.