Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Good Old Days

Nothing brings to mind 'the good old days' idea like television. You know, I love some of the newer shows that are on TV like 'Two and a half men', and 'Sopranos', but for the most part they just don't make really great shows anymore. The ones that stand the test of time forever. My all time favorite shows are 'I love Lucy', 'Little House on the Prairie', and 'MASH'. I grew up with them and can still watch them over and over even though I know the stories, and in some cases even all the words by heart. It's still fun to watch. With the current shows if it's a re-run, I just turn it off. They loose their luster after one time. It also drives me nuts how many shows are just mimics of others. All the 'CSI' shows, and especially all the 'reality' shows. It seems like reality TV is begining to take a little bit of a downward momentum. I sure hope so. I don't care about any one else's crappy life. I want to escape when I watch TV.

No comments: