Saturday, May 12, 2007

Pedal To The Metal

I keep hearing the song 'Radar Love' running through my head as I think about putting a radar detector in my car. I admit I have a lead foot. It's most inconvienient when I come to towns. I always try to slow down. I don't like to speed through urban'ish' areas. It's hard to remember sometimes though. You get used to just slamming your foot down and going. When you're used to going 70 miles an hour, going 30 seems like a snails pace. Even when I lived up in a crowded city and 30 miles an hour was commonplace I remember coming off a highway or interstate and not even realizing I was going way faster than the speed limit. Out here where I live now, 70 is the rule, and towns are few and far between so it's REALLY easy to forget yourself. The cops know this. LOL They wait at the edges of towns... even 'choosing' spots just a little outside the town to call the 'limits' where the speed drops. It sure would be nice to have some advance warning of when they were there in an unexpected spot.

1 comment:

Bernita said...

Think those things are illegal here.