Sunday, August 26, 2007

What Do I Want To Do When I Grow Up?

Kind of a funny question to ask at 45 isn't it? It's something that comes up regularly in conversations between my husband and I. What do we do when we 'grow up'? (Retire actually) Do we want to keep the farm? Do we want to have a little house somewhere and travel a lot--that's my vote. Really. I have been a lot of places and still not been anywhere. Everywhere we go, mostly, is to show animals. So we travel a lot, to a lot of states, but I never really see them except from motel rooms, or highways. I want to really see the places I go to. There are a lot of places I've never been to at all. For instance, I HAVE been to California, but I've never been to Las Vegas... yes I want to go. I'm not a big gambler, but once I'd like to have some fun and try it. It doesn't even have to be with a lot of money. I'd like to stay in a big fancy hotel like the Paris Las Vegas hotel, and live like a 'queen' for a weekend. I'd like to see the shows.

I've never been to Hawaii either. Sure would like to see it. That and Jamaica, although both of those are definately not driving trips so they may not ever happen. lol. Montana, I don't want to live there--burrr chill--but I'd love to see it in real life, not just in the movies. Washington, that would be very exciting... or even the REAL Paris. (Again, not a driving trip so unlikely.)

Still... yes, I think when I 'grow up' I want to have a nice little place to come home to, but spend a large chunk of time traveling.

No comments: