Saturday, June 16, 2007

Stockpile of Pens

Another clue to my lack of divinity might be that I can never find a pen when I'm looking for one. I go through ballpoint pens like crazy. They have some innate ability to disappear on me. I buy them in bulk. Well, okay, I don't do that necessarily because I lose so many. I do it for advertising. I have pens printed with our farm name to pass out at shows and such, and I have them printed with my author's website to pass out at signings and put in convention 'goody bags' too. They're a really great, and cheap way of advertising that doesn't come off as 'cheap'. People love them. Who doesn't go through pens like mad? I think someday some future race is going to unearth the last remains of our civilization and find millions of pens buried deep beneath the structures and somehow think our entire society was built upon a little stick of ink. I'm pretty sure that there's a vast stockpile beneath my house. Where else could all those pens go?

No comments: