Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Can't Let Go

Have you ever had a relationship, whether it's a love relationship, or a friendship, that when it was over you just can't seem to let it go even though you know you have to? I kind of have that going on now. It's been a long-term relationship that is over, but it won't leave my mind. Maybe it's because I'm so used to it. Maybe it's because I care deeply about the person involved. Maybe it's all of that, but there's no use hanging on to it. It doesn't help much that they're doing the same thing. We've both moved on, but can't quite finish the on part. Lingering feelings and desires keep popping up even though the actual relationship is over. I don't really know what to do about it. I don't know how to conquer it, but I felt like talking about it. Maybe talking about it will help to make that final move. Maybe for both of us.

No comments: